Adsense

Aisan Aerospace 2006 Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
F16 Fighter Military Aircraft
Can't Resist Another F16 - Shiok!

Raven ET-111

I was most fortunate to be invited to the Asian Aerospace 2006 airshow cum lunch at Changi Exhibition Centre by the Permanent Secretary (MOT), BG (NS) CHOI Shing Kwok - in fact all the Council Members from the PTC were invited. This would be the last time Asian Aerospace is organising the airshow and next year onwards, it is going to be known as the Singapore Aerospace Show.

I had expected to watch the airshow under the hot scorching sun but to my amazement, it was not the case. We were ushered into an air-conditioned cabin, beautifully furnished as well as a VIP lavatory attached. Other then the butler-styled service, Godiva chocolates were served as well :P (hmmm...can't escape a chocoholic ya?) - Ermmm.....anyway that's not the point, I was able to see the airshow in comfort inside the aircon cabin, having lunch with the Perm Sec as well as other invited guests too. The aircraft were so close to us and it was exhilarating and a sense of pride especially when the SIA Airbus blew by too - it was fantastic and just so gracefully!

Military Aircraft On Display


Aircraft from Switzerland (Pilot by a Lady)

I must add though that BG (NS) Choi Shing Kwok had left a lasting impression on me and I could sense just how down-to-earth he is. He exude charisma and make us feel so comfortable especially when this is a first time for me to be invited by Senior Government Official. We spoke at length my appointment in the PTC Council and I thanked him personally for extending the invitation and given me the opportunity to know him. There were also few topics which we touched on such as on transport, feedback channels.

It was definitely an honour and privileged to have the chance to cross path with him.

Last but not least, some intro about the military aircraft:

  • F16 Fighting Falcon - Lightweight air-to-air day fighter (emphasize on maximum speed, altitude and radar capability)
  • EF-111 Raven - Multi-purpose tactical fighter bomber capable on supersonic speed
  • The B-52H Bomber BUFF [Big Ugly Fat Fellow] - Air Launch Cruise Missile carriage

The thunderous skyline was deafening but definitely worth erupting a strong heartbeat - all must experience the airshow - oh before I forget.....there was this F16 Fighter Pilot...he looked gorgeous and cool :D I wish I did not forget my camera though :(


Aisan Aerospace 2006 Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5