Adsense

Kopi-Si Kosong Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement

Now, this is our very own coffee culture found in Singapore Coffee Shop - Kopitiam


Kopi means coffee and here you see my Kopi-Si Kosong means coffee without sugar but with evaporated milk :)

I remembered when I was a little girl, my Father would bring me to the local coffee shop and he'll order Kopi-O (Black Coffee) plus two pieces of kaya toast (toast bread with kaya, coconut jam).

As it was piping hot for me, Father would pour the Kopi onto the saucer and I'll seep my coffee slowly. Ahhhh...those were the days and it certainly brought back fond memories when I get to see this cute little coffee cup with saucer - very very traditional.

I do get confuse (yes I do) when I place an order for coffee or tea and here's some local lingo found in our local coffee shop, just remember Kopi means Coffee :D

1) Kopi – Coffee with Condensed Milk
2) Kopi Gao – Thick Coffee
3) Kopi Peng – Coffee with Ice
4) Kopi Or – Black Coffee without Milk

Plus many many other types of Kopi which I won't bore you but would love to bring you to our Kopitiam if ever you visit me :D
Kopi-Si Kosong Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5