Adsense

Meaning Of Shiok Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement

Yo! For the benefit of my overseas friends, I thought it's only fair that I explain the meaning of Shiok in our daily lingo here in Singapore.

English is our first spoken language here but some do speak a peculiar brand of English called "Singlish" which is a local concoction mixes English with common phrases in the Chinese dialects (mostly Hokkien) and some Malay.

Shiok means : Something that gives a Kick / Happiness / Enjoyable / Wonderful / Great.

That's why life is so shiok - it's great and wonderful, full of happiness and enjoyment, something that gives us a kick!! (Now of course that's the positive aspect of life - to me as far as I'm concern :D) - Never a dull moment so current mood is - yup HAPPY :P
Meaning Of Shiok Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5