Adsense

Mooncake Festival Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Bengawan Solo Cake Shop
Yo! You know it's the arrival of the Mooncake Festival when you see the displays of mooncakes all over the confectionery shops in Singapore. Plus....not forgetting those lovely brochures attached with your credit card bills advertising discounts of mooncakes from some of the hotel outlets.

Right.....after the Hungry Ghost Festival, it's the celebration of Mid-Autumn Festival on the 15th day of the Chinese lunar calendar :D On this day, the moon is ever so bright and round and traditionally, people do appreciate admiring the shines of the moon with folks at home, eating mooncakes with chinese tea and children running around playing with their lighted lanterns.

Sadly, people are getting busier and some of the tradition just dies off.... still people do buy them as corporate gifts or for family and friends.

Tung Lok Mooncakes

Received a lovely box of mooncakes this afternoon and it's from the Tung Lok Group.... it was 'love at first sight'...keeekekeke...at the box :D

Single-yolk Mooncake

The traditional mooncake is filled with lotus seed paste with or without salted egg yolks. I love mine without egg yolks so I usually take that out as I dun like to mix savoury and sweetness in my food :D - Heeee...just my preference lah.

Anyway, there's all types of fillings with or without egg yolks, durian and ice-cream mooncakes, chocolate etc.

I remember my childhood days, I had a rabbit paper lantern which my Dad bought for me but it caught fire when I was walking around the neighbourhood with it....I cried so badly then :D Now, time change....they have battery operated lantern with music too, how clever!

Well, those were the days and how I missed my childhood days!

Mooncake Festival Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5