Adsense

Warmth "Finishing" Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement

Hiya Folks - I'm Back! I Survived! I had a wonderful SHIOK time! How are you all? Just give me some time and I shall catch up on all your blogs ok?

From one continent to another......
From one time zone to another......
I had a warmth "finishing" so to speak - From cold cold Finland experiencing the warmth hospitality that's what I mean :D


I was most fortunate to be nominated as the Singapore representative for our trade union movement prior to the Head of State Meeting (ASEM 6) in Helsinki, Finland.

Lots to share and I hope to post some interesting stuff where there. Coz I flew from Helsinki back to Bangkok the following weekend for our seminar too so yup, apart from serious matters to attend to, I SHOP!!!! I shop till I almost dropped kekeeeeeekkkk...... bells and thimble included :D


Look! Some of the countries' Head of State putting up at this hotel and yup, that's where our Singapore Prime Minister stayed in Helsinki.

Lutheran Cathedral
I was in Helsinki year 1995 and memories started coming back as I re-visited some of the places in Finland. It was absolutely beautiful and I took my time strolling and getting the wonderful cold cold chill in Helsinki. Glad I took my winter coat with me.

It never crosses my mind that ten years later, I'm back to Helsinki again and it feels so good to be back.

Another shot of the Lutheran Cathedral, Helsinki is so near to St. Petersburg that I remembered my time spent in St. Petersburg and secretly wish I could just cross over. Unfortunately time does not allow me to do this. Anyway, being so close to Russia, there is a souvenir shop selling Russian souvenirs just opposite the Cathedral - So Yep....had a go at that shop, shall take some pictures of the stuff I bought :D

The Railway Station


Look at this! I love the top and bottom shot :D

As the Asia & Europe Head of States congregated in Helsinki for the Summit, there were tight security all over the streets and Uhm..... took a shot with the Finnish Policemen and felt so so well protected and secured.

On my last day in Helsinki, there were demonstrators all over the streets so there were reinforcement by the riot police. I was able to soak in the tense situation then......hope to upload some pictures too.

Anyway, I'm so glad that my ASEM involvement is over as I felt the pressure to be the only Singapore delegate in such a platform prior to departure. One big piece of rock just lifted off my chest and now it's the submission of my report. It certainly enriches my life and I've made new friends not just with the Finnish people but from other European and Asia countries too.

In addition to this ASEM participation, I was given accredition to attend the IMF-World Bank meeting next week here in Singapore so I felt truly honoured. Mr. Kari Tapiola, the Executive Director of International Labour Organisation (ILO) whom I met in the ASEM will be coming by for the IMF-WB Forum so good to follow-up my chat with him next week.

Until then, must be the jetlag and time difference...not sleepy yet even though I've just touched down this evening.

Still, I have to go and I thanked you all for your patience in waiting up for me :D Do drop by to say Hi folks!

I will catch up with all of you soon, bye and Kitos (Thank you in Finnish :D)

Warmth "Finishing" Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5