Adsense

Restricted Area Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Signboards in Four Languages Closer Look Sshh........ this is a 'Protected Area' - you will be safe, very very safe. But the catch is - you must be authorised to be here, if not being an employee automatically gave you access to this highly protected area.

Oh okay not gonna tease you any further, it's true folks..... this is a very uniquely Singapore's 'Restricted/Protected Areas Signboard' in four languages - English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil and I am so proud of it :P

Our friend Beth from the United States came across this signboard and was fascinated when she saw this - 'A man pointing at another man?' ..... you would have thought that oh no, I've trespassed into a high security areas, I'm dead! They are going to shoot me, is it 'Licence To Kill'?

I've checked with my lawyer (hey it's true, my friend who is working as a lawyer :D), this signboard really is historical and oh so SINGAPORE! This is to deter unauthorise trespassing in a gazetted protected areas - one of which is the place where I worked which really is the giant Chemical Hub and only authorised personnel are allow in.

So, no panic folks! Just that most people here would be oblivious and not pay much attention to it but I thought this would be very interesting as I've mentioned, it is so 'uniquely Singapore' and I bet can only be found in this part of the world :P

Still, just note that with this signboard it really means that the securtiy personnel are 'authorised to shoot' if they think you are a threat to the protected premises.

Hope this is educational to all and dun trespass ya? :P

Restricted Area Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5