Adsense

6-Layer Salad Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Elder Brother is going back to Shanghai on Tuesday so just feel like having him & my Sister-in-Law over for a home-cooked dinner. Mom, Aunty & Younger Brother came by this evening too although they were late, we tucked in first with Elder Brother and my Sister-in-Law.

Nothing elaborate really, just some simple treats ~ rice with mutton soup, fish, vegetables, chicken wings and I've added fried pasta plus the all time favourite 6-layer salad.

I've ommited the hard-boiled eggs (which I didn't like, optional anyway)..... hey by the way, call it anything that you want......if you add in the eggs, ta-dah....it's known as 7-layer salad. Simple right? :D

Oh ok...coming back to my salad folks.... lettuce (shred it), spring onion (cut it fine), red capsicum (diced it), green peas (just wash it clean :D). Very importantly, do not scoop out the mayonnise and spread it on top of the salad. Instead, scoop out into a bowl, whip it and add in a dash of lemon. My sis-in-law taugh me and the mayo tasted wonderful and smell so nice...Ahhh......

Just spread the lettuce on the bottom, followed by the spring onion, red capsicum, green peas.... spread the whipped mayo on the top layer and next what you see is my chopped ham which I've pan fried - gives the salad an extract crunch!

Viola! My 6-layer Salad - chilled it and ready to serve anytime. I love to make it and bring it for my friends whenever I get invited for a party.

So let me know when is the next party and I'll bring along my salad ya? MMMmm.....Yum! So Shiok lor :D
6-Layer Salad Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5