Adsense

Valtikel Deepavali 2006 Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Valtikel Deepavali Folks! I was in the mood today to soak in the Festival of Lights with my friends who invited us over their house.

Hmmm....the only thing missing was my punjabi suit and bollywood stylish hairdo... *wink*..... soak in the atmosphere mah :D

Our dear friends, Radha & Rajeevan


Their Prayer Room

I've learned so much about their culture today and Radha was explaining to me some of the offerings inside her prayer room. I found this so amazing and educational as it is quite similar to the Chinese culture whereby we offered flowers & sweets. In this instance, they had milk whereas we would usually have rice wine, coffee or chinese tea plus more elaborate cooked food.

Indian Money God Little Baby Elephant God

Sweet Offerings

And look what we had today, home-cooked spicy Indian Briyani rice with mutton plus chicken, prawns and achar (sour pickled vegetables) served on banana leaves. We know we're gonna be clumsy with our fingers so we opt to eat with folks & spoon.

It was Interesting to learn that upon finished our meal, if we fold the banana leave towards us it means that we will come back again for another meal. If we fold the other way .... it simply means that we will not come back :D

Later in the evening, Mr. & Mrs. Karthikeyan invited me and other fellow colleagues to their house at Choa Chu Kang..... look at their lovely punjabi dress, so pretty.

Indian sweets & cookies Vegetarian curry duck cooked by Mrs. Karthi..... very nice and spicy which is what I like - Yummy!Briyani with vegetarian dishes & papadum
Had a wonderful day today and just like my younger days, I used to receive invitation from my Muslim & Indian classmates and there were so much fun learning their culture. Now, this is something which we would never be able to learn just from our textbooks. Likewise for travelling too...we learn and see so much more when we travel ya? *hint*....Keke..

Ah...after a satisfying meal, what you reckon folks! Yep! JOG!! Sweat it all out!

Once again....Valtikel Deepavali to all my friends!

Valtikel Deepavali 2006 Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5