Adsense

Letter to Bush Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Dear Mr. & Mrs. George Bush,

Welcome your Excellency for taking time-out to visit our clean & green city, Singapore! I was very happy to read about your impending visits couple of days ago. I could feel the buzz and excitement among all the governmental agencies as they prepared for the arrival of Air Force One.


My apology for not being able to take some time-out to catch a glimpse of you when you landed at Paya Lebar Airport.....Sorry for not 'hanging' out in town to soak in the heightened security atmostphere.

Gee....I heard both of you visited the Asian Civilisation Museum as well as the National Library too. Not bad at all coz apart from some official business you did some cool stuff too huh? Well, I read that you gave a talk at our University too and gosh..how I wish I was there to hear you out Mr. President.

I have wanted to invite both of you over to my humble nest. I wanna show you my bells and thimbles collection but most importantly.....forget about the usual tourist sights. Come to see how we live.....I'll show you our local market and grocery stores. I bet it'll be an experience you'll never forget.

I understand you had some yummy sizzling hot steak for dinner two nights ago and you claimed that it must be from Texas! Not bad at all but really, it woud be shokilicious & yummilious if you come by to taste my Chinese cooking. I'll have sweet & sour fish, mutton soap, some green kailan with scallops just to name a few. Hmm.....in fact, I've just received a bottle of Absolute Vodka which we are delighted to share with you.

Oh nevermind....now that you're left Singapore... *sob*... perhaps next time ya?

Don't worry about security measures.....I'll take you along in our local buses and on our efficient train. Just leave all your secret agents behind and follow me for sure no one will crowd around you so you're in safe hand.

Sadly, you only have two days in Singapore and I hope someday soon...you'll come by for a visit again. Next time, just forget about the official itinerary, come to visit us as one of the tourist and see our beautiful clean and green country through a different lense - not as a diplomat :D

Wishing you a successful time in Vietnam for the APEC seminar. Until time, remember to call upon Shionge & Family at Little Guilin.

Best Regards
Shionge :D
SINGAPORE

Letter to Bush Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5