Adsense

Spare A Thought...... Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
In the midst of rushing and going about our own business.....did we ever stop and spare a thought to the many old folks who happens to be a 'hindrance' along our path?

Did we ever pause to spare a thought and to empathize to the many difficulties they might face?

I just want to share my thoughts......

For the past one week, my Mom was unfortunatey admitted to the ICU and during these time I was in anguish and helpless in view of the sudden heart failure. Alot of 'what ifs' floated within my mind but yet I have to pray for the best and leave it to the medical profession.

Everyday without fail I was at the hospital and it is only when our love ones gone through the treatment that we spare a though to the pain they have to endure. I was under the 'knife' thrice and I knew exactly just how it feels to be so vulnerable when we were bedridden with tubes & medical equipment attached to our body.

Even prior to her admission, I accompanied her on numerous medical appointments and I saw the many old folks waiting patiently for their turn to consult the doctor. Sadly the queue number doesn't seem to jump and the wait is ever so long.

Put ourselves in their shoes...when we are ill, our body are weak yet we have to sit in that freezing waiting room not knowing when we'll get to see the doctor.

Just spare a thought to the old folks, be a little bit more patient and tolerant towards them. They might be slow that's because their legs are weak or they could be in pain. Apart from that, there might be other bout of prolong illness that is bothering them...could be financially due to medical cost etc.

I have learned to be more compassionate as I hold my Mum's hand and walked the tiny steps with her.

I have learned to be more tolerant and patient with her as my Mum take a longer time to respond to me.

Most importantly, I have learned to empathize with what she has to endure and through this process, I have learned to spare a thought to the many old people that happens to cross my path.

Just sharing my thought.....
Spare A Thought...... Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5