Adsense

Bonding Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Yeah!!! I did it again......Yep! Bonding with my Three "Brothers" :D

Felt so honoured to be invited for a sumptuous dinner, sorry I have to tempt you with some big Alaskan crabs this time. No crab tonight for me but lots of pictures :)

Low, Chong Hoe & Ben

Before dinner, have a cuppa each at the Kopitiam* and guess which is mine folks! A very traditional cup of coffee. When I was a little girl, my Father would bring me to a Kopitiam and I'll pour the coffee onto the saucer and literally scoop with my little spoon.

Coffee cools faster this way........ kekekek.......


Went to Long Beach at IMM......been to the one at East Coast and both are just as good. Most impressed with the impeccable service attitude of their staff.


So..... C'mon, take a 'walk' with me and see the fresh seafood available here this evening. Lobsters anyone?


Not a fan of Canadian Geoduck but for the Chinese, this is known as 'Big Elephant' clam. Beats me but I suppose coz it looks like an elephant trunk.



I was lucky to witness the restaurant's staff transferring the air-flow Alaskan crab into the tank. I managed to snap some pictures for you folks! This is really huge and I'm amazed that the shells are relatively soft.

I was told this giant Alaskan crab costs $200 - Whoa! You game?


The other crab family members are these Sri Lankan crabs - all tied up coz we don't wanna let the claws snap our fingers right?


In two weeks' time, Chinese is going to usher in the Lunar New Year and having Lo Hei (also known as Yusheng) is an auspicious traditional dish which literally means "To Toss/Raise Up" which is a symbolic gesture of partaking during the Chinese New Year.

You'll notice that there's fresh salmon served on a bed of vegetables, the multi-coloured raw fish salad is normally made up of 14 different ingredients such as preserved cucumber strips, red and yellow ginger, pickled leek, sliced jellyfish, salmon slices and Mandarin orange peel.

The mixture is drizzled with peanut oil and plum sauce to achieve a rich and flavourful taste. Some replaced the salmon with tuna, sashimi or even abalone :D

This is so garlicky and I've enjoyed this fresh greens with wolfberries.......Shiok!

BBQ pork with sesame seeds recommended by the Restaurant Manager but I found this a bit too saltish, overall rating still good though.
To me, meals without chilli is like hotdog without mustard or let me see, like sushi without my wasabi kekekek.......so you can imagine just how crazy I can be when it comes to chilli :D

Now you know why my friends know me as The Chilli Queen huh? :)

Well folks! Till the next bonding.....oh which is tomorrow coz that's more like business bonding with my Senior Management :)

I've enjoyed my time with my Brothers this evening - yakking over a hearty meal with my best pals is the simplest joy of my life :D Thank you folks!


*Kopitam - A traditional breakfast and coffee shop run by owner who sells coffee, tea as well as other beverages along with toast, soft-boiled eggs & snacks.
Bonding Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5