Adsense

Reunion Gathering Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Reunion gathering & bonding was held this evening and all had a great time. Even though we are very exhausted when everyone went home, it was fun :D

Flowers bought from the wet market brings out the cheers & happiness for everyone when they walk into my apartment :P


Ya Folks! Some blog advertisement for Tiong Bahru Roast Pig :D I joked that it's the Year of the Pig so we must order one piglet......so if it's the Year of the Rat does it meant that we have to eat Mickey Mouse :D (Just kidding folks, Mickey is too adorable lah!)


I know and we all know that it is ridiculous to pay ripped-off price for a platter of yusheng which is basically vegetables and some miserable pieces of salmon. But er...surprise surprise, no one is complaining coz it is auspicious to 'toss for good luck' ya ;)

Candy tray filled with goodies such as candies, ground nuts, melon seeds etc for guests....so you see, piggy sweets & toffees were most popular among the guests.


Cookies which is a must in all Chinese household....look at the pineapple tarts & cashew nut cookies baked by my Sis-in-Law - they literally melt in my mouth and it is so yummy!


Lots more stuff but I want to show you this 'Nian Gou' which is actually a sticky cake. This symbolises bond in the family and it is a custom to eat during the new year period. It is sticky & sweet and it shows togetherness.

I know it is silly during this happy occasion but I can't help feeling a tinge of sadness that when we all bonded together, my Father is not here with us *Sniff*

It is during this period that I knew my Father would be excited about the dishes that he is going to prepare and seeing him having a game of mahjong at home with his friends warmth my heart.......sorry for being carried away just a recurring thought every now and then.

Three days off from work till Wednesday so lots of visiting during this time, wishing all my Chinese friends overseas & locally A Prosperous Lunar New Year :D
Reunion Gathering Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5