Adsense

Matryoshka Dolls Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Classic Russian Nesting DollsRussian Matryoshka Dolls is also known as Babushka - Nesting Dolls. I was watching Discovery Channel about Russian history (plus the Russian Sniper show couple of weeks ago) that memories of days spent in Moscow and St Petersburg came floating back.

I was persuaded by a street vendor, an old lady at the Red Square in front of the Gum Department, persistently tugging at me to buy this set of Babushka for US$5.

This sits proudly at our dinning room and with the convenient of online shopping, I did a Google search and realised that one could buy just any types of Babushka dolls from their respective store, imagine buying Russian dolls from UK.

Which reminds me, I was in England and fell in love with a red jacket.....that was back in 1995. It makes me laughed when I unpacked my luggage and took a closer look - it was 'Made in Singapore'. Hmmm..... waste my effort and storage space in my luggage :P

Oh well, it means that the world is getting smaller as a result of globalization. Still, I like my hand-made Babushka originated from Russia :D

Matryoshka Dolls Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5