Adsense

More on Ghosts Festival Maret 2014

Advertisement
advertisement
Hey, thought I'll post a little more about this though.... we called this the Zhong Yuan Jie in Chinese and apart from burning incense paper, hell notes there are also offering of food.

Most companies in Singapore would normally held prayer session in celebration of the Hungry Ghosts. This solemn festival held at the workplace has a special meaning as a respect to the spirits as well as to have a smooth plant operation at the workplace.

I'll see if I could snap some pictures at the workplace as our prayer session will be held next month. Yes, Hungry Ghosts Festival is celebrated throughout the whole month of the 7th lunar month.


Yes, when I was young I was terrified of the 7th lunar month coz my mind would be 'stimulated' by images as if I could really see 'ghosts' wondering around the neighbourhood ...Heee. But not anymore.

Still, I respected our very own culture and follow each festivals coz this is how I pass the tradition and culture to the next generation :P

More on Ghosts Festival Maret 2014 | Rizal | 5